Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

Talk about Adobe Acrobat PDF reader (Windows only). Acrobat is the de facto standard used to create PDF files, present multiple documents in a PDF Portfolio, and even add multimedia. All in a single file. 

Keywords Adobe, Acrobat, Reader, Windows, Probelms, convert, text, outlines, curves, inside, pdf

Probelms: How to convert all text to outlines (curves) inside pdf?

Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

AuthorMessage
Dainius_Kundrotas (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Probelms: How to convert all text to outlines (curves) insid

HI all,

Have one file and Im have to edit him, now him in *.pdf format, the problem here: when im open in Adobe Illustrator all text changed, just don't have these fonts.

Here the question.
How to convert all text objects to outlines (curves) inside Acrobat? Its have to be a way but cant find how Smile
de_Siem (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Probelms: How to convert all text tooutlines (curves) in

First time I've seen a document referred to as him! :)

Sorry about that I guess English isn't your first language. In any case there's no option in Acrobat that will outline fonts.

Do you have Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard?
Aandi_Inston (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Probelms: How to convert all text tooutlines (curves) in

You need to own all of the fonts if you want to edit in Illustrator.
Acrobat cannot convert to curves.

Aandi Inston
de_Siem (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Probelms: How to convert all text tooutlines (curves) in

Aandi there is a way to outline fonts in Acrobat without the use of a plugin. It's a workaround and I don't know how reliable it is since I only tried it with a few simple documents, but it did work for those. You do need Acrobat 7 pro. (I'm not sure if 6 Pro came with a transparency flattner.

This was a tip from somebody who posted this in the mac forum some time ago.

Open the pdf with the fonts you want to outline
Go to document>add background or watermark
choose a background and set it to 1% transparency
add the background
Go to file>save as and save a copy of this document in roder to maintain the original with the font information intact.

Go to advanced>pdf optimizer and select transparency
select to flatten transparency and make sure to select 'Convert all text to outlines'.
Click ok o finish.
William_A._Davis (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Probelms: How to convert all text tooutlines (curves) in

The other way is to print to a new PDF with the fonts set to be outlines in the new PDF. You have to set the font converstion to get that to work, but I am not sure that is the result that is desired.
aikido (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Probelms: How to convert all text tooutlines (curves) in

de Siem: Thank's for this great, great tip! Smile
   Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1